The PEI Golf Association is the governing body of amateur golf in Prince Edward Island. It determines Provincial policies and, in conjunction with Golf Canada, sets standards relating to the game on behalf of its members. In addition to conducting PEI’s eight Provincial amateur championships, the PEIGA also conducts junior development programs, operates a club exchange program for deserving juniors, course/slope rates member courses, provides handicap services and rules clinics, facilitates Future Links & Golf in Schools, and many other services to amateur golfers and member clubs.
The Objectives of the PEI Golf Association shall be to:
- Promote, develop and administer throughout Prince Edward Island, competitive and recreational amateur golf with the jurisdiction of the Association;
- Arrange, establish and supervise such tournaments as may be sanctioned by the PEIGA;
- Protect the interests of the game of golf and to uphold the Rules of Golf as approved for use in Canada;
- Maintain affiliation with Golf Canada;
- Ensure communication to all the Members.